lördag 3 maj 2014

Honeynut/seed & Blueberry Granola




I have been desperately searching for some form of granola to have with my "soygurt" as I actually don't mind the taste of it, and with some yummy granola I should be able to eat like normal! SO I read loooads of different granola recipes that all had great ideas but also something that I could not eat or something that I didn't like (raisins blah). So with loads of wonderful ideas fresh in mind I placed myself in the kitchen and I brought out everything I could find in my cupboards that could possibly help make a yummy and OMS healthy granola.  I have tweaked it slightly since the first try and i think I have come to a very nice result that tastes good, but is also healthy.

Up until this point I have basically just been drinking a smoothie for breakfast and it hasn't kept me for very long. I would be hungry by 10. So hopefully now I will be full for longer and be able to feel like I have everything I want at home to eat. Yay!




Honeynut/seed & Blueberry Granola

-5 dl oats
-1 dl flaxseeds
-3 dl quinoa
-2-3 dl pumpkin seeds
-3 dl chopped almonds

-4 Tbsp Honey
-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-2 Tbsp hot water
-3/4 tsp salt
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp nutmeg

-(Optional) dried fruit like blueberries, mango, figs, apricots etc.


Set the oven to 130 Celcius. Mix all the "dry" ingredients in a big bowl. In a seperate small bowl mix the wet ingredients and the salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to make a paste. Then combine the two and use your hands to make sure it is evenly combined. In a deep baking dish distribute it all evenly and bake for one hour stirring a few times.

Remove from the oven and let cool. Then add the dried fruit. I usually add Dried bluberries. but right now i have fresh ones in our freezer, so I didn't and instead Ill add as I go along. 






 


Good luck!
-Josefine




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar